Mitmproxy distro - missing bs4

Hello - novice python user here.

Q: Is there a simple way to install BeautifulSoup into an environment that will have the distro version of mitmproxy run?

Background:
Attempted to do some testing with the example scripts, but am missing BeautifulSoup/bs4.

After installing it in my Python environment, discovered that mitm* comes with it’s own Python env.

Have attempted to build the distro from scratch to resolve, (and installing Python) but ran into OpenSSL/ALPN issues that are taking a bit longer to resolve, and I’m not 100% sure that will actually add bs4 to the mitmproxy when I’m done.

Is there a simple way to install BeautifulSoup into an environment that will have the distro version of mitmproxy run?

MITMPROXY: 2.0.1
PYTHON: 3.5.0

Centos 7.3 system, with Python 2.7.5 as default, and a /usr/local installation of python 3.5.

Thank you
JP

Hi @jpott,

Thanks for the valuable feedback. This is kind of an open issue right now - see here: https://github.com/mitmproxy/mitmproxy/issues/2238. We haven’t come up with a solution yet, but let’s see. For now, the only good way to use external libraries is to setup your own envionrment.