Hey all, new to mitmdump/proxy but I am finding this tool to be fantastic.
The odd thing is, I see FULL responses/requests when viewing the same dump file via mitmproxy or mitmweb (using mitmproxy -n -r ). When viewing via mitmdump I see some of the responses that contain this:
To create my dump file here is the process I am performing:
- mitmdump --flow-detail 3 -w test.dump
- Browse to website that I want to capture traffic from
- stop mitmdump with a cntl-c
- redirect dump capture to a txt file: mitmdump -n --flow-detail 3 -r test.dump > test.txt
- test.txt will “cut off” some of my traffic responses
- Verify by loading original test.dmp file in mitmproxy, and sure enough I see all traffic
Can anyone assist and let know where I am going wrong with this method?
Running on ubuntu. Version info below:
OpenSSL: OpenSSL 1.1.0i 14 Aug 2018